The best general advice on earth
- Excerpts from an 1890's book on psychology.
- Emphasizes the importance of making your nervous system - your automatic response system - your ally in all of your endeavors.
- By doing something a little hard, or a little scary, every few days, you build up capacity in that direction.
- Keep an eye on behaviors and promote good habits and avoid bad habits.
- Seize the opportunity to act on every opportunity in the direction of your Goals and the person you want to be - that's how they become part of the brains action set.
- Be a little bit heroic every few days so that when the hour of dire need is upon you, you're not unnerved.
- This reminds me of Stoic maxims. Practicing deprivation so you understand what that's like, and it loosens the fear in your mind